‘Tis the gift-giving season. Finding the perfect gift is hard, and finding the perfect gift for a reader can be really hard. Throwing it at their head is the fun part. At least, in my experience. ‘Tis the season to throw gifts at the heads of the ones you love, after hiding them under beds, behind coats, atop high shelves, beside forgotten boxes in garages and sheds. I realize this post is a little bit, maybe, kinda, self-serving, but the Broke and the Bookish chose the theme for this week so blame them.
So here it is, my gift-giving guide for the bookish bookworms in your lives.
- First, I have to promote Owl Crate, because I’ve been subscribed for a few months and their boxes are AMAZING. It’s a monthly Young Adult box that includes 1 new YA book, along with fun bookish items like stickers, collectibles, jewelry, candles, accessories, etc etc etc! It’s very fun. They also have Owl Crate Jr. now for children.
- Litographs T-shirts are pretty cool. Honestly all their stuff is pretty cool – they have totes and scarves and crap too, all with cool designs made out of texts from classic books.
- Storiarts has similar awesome things, especially their fingerless gloves.
- Can’t decide which book to buy? Choose the lazy but wonderful way out, via a bookstore giftcard. Seriously though – giftcards are amazing, speaking as a bookperson who often can’t predict what she will want to read next.
- Bookshelves. Cute bookshelves. Efficient bookshelves. Badass bookshelves.
- Other book boxes! I know there are bunch besides Owl Crate that I haven’t tried. Bustle has a good list here.
- Canvas book bags, for all a bookworm’s book-toting needs! Litographs and Storiarts above have some, but you also can find them at lots of other, cheaper places.
- Book lights! I have one of these and love it, but there are more traditional lamps and plenty of other options.
- If your bookworm likes audiobooks, give them some headphones! Or a giftcard to use for fancy-schmancy headphones, depending on your budget. There’s a lot of wear and tear on headphones/earbuds so replacements or back-ups are always great.
- Last but not least, one of the best gifts you can give your favorite bookworm is: No Interruptions when they’re reading a book.
Happy Holidays to all, even those of you who hate books.
Thanks to snazel for helping me brainstorm ideas for this post!